Thursday, January 15, 2009

An Atheist on Jesus?

I don't have terribly deep religous convictions, nor to I prosthelitze to my friends. But this struck me as odd. Camille Paglia claiming to hear a "very distinct speaking voice in the saying attributed to Jesus."

Having spent a couple years worshiping at a First Assembly of God church, one thing I learned was there are almost to many translations of the Bible to count. We typically read out of the New International Version, but sometimes Pastor would pull out a King James or the New American Standard. Each has their own cadence and grammar structure. Often the same passage will read differently and use different words but the meaning is generally the same.

If a speaking voice is grounded in subtly and nuance, which I believe it is, has Ms. Paglia literally critiqued them all?

See The Daily Dish Article here with the link to the original article.

No comments: